- Product: Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker (33861)
- Where to Buy: Here
- Container Size: 6 Quart
- My Rating: 9 out of 10
The Best Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker, Product Overview:
Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
I absolutely LOVE slow cookers. They used to be called crock pots but now everyone is calling them slow cookers, so I am just trying to keep up with the times here. I have used a couple crock pots… er…slow cookers in my day and I’m telling you the BEST one I’ve used, hands down is by Hamilton Beach. Hamilton Beach has been around for a long, long time and I have yet to be disappointed. This slow cooker is no exception. Here are some of the coolest features:
- Size: The 6 qt. capacity is absolutely perfect for preparing family dinners or your weekly oatmeal prep (you can find my recipe here). I find that anything smaller isn’t big enough and anything larger is too big and tends to burn the food if the slow cooker isn’t full enough.
- Two programming screens: This feature offers SO many cooking options its insane.
- FlexCook Mode: This is one is my personal favorite. It allows you to choose two different cooking heats and two different cooking times. For example if you wanted to cook a roast for 6 hours you could program it to cook on high for 3 hours and then switch to low for the remaining 3 hours. Mind blown.
- Program Mode: These are your typical cooking temperatures and times. Here, you select the heat (high or low) and time and once the time is up it will automatically switch over to warm mode.
- Manuel Mode: For this setting you just select the temperature and keep track of the time yourself (only recommended if you will be staying at home).
- Clip On Lid: This is probably my second favorite feature. There are two metal clips on the sides that allow you to clip the lid on and trust me, that baby isn’t go anywhere. This is absolutely perfect if you need to transport the meal somewhere and don’t want to have to deal with hot containers etc.
- Power Protection: Another cool feature of this slow cooker is that if the power goes out, the slow cooker will remain on for a short period of time. Pretty cool huh?
These features are super great and all but lets look at the value beyond just the cool things it does.
Time, What You ACTUALLY Save
Time. We can all agree that nothing is more precious or valuable than time. Not to get too deep, but, we never get it back, ya know? The busier I get the more I realize this and the more I want to spend my time on things that really matter. Don’t get me wrong, I love to cook but when it comes to meal pepping breakfast for the week, I just don’t want to be standing there forever, stirring hot oatmeal, when I could be playing with my daughter.
You will save SO much time with a slow cooker and if you’re in the market for one, you can’t go wrong with this one. I have used a couple different ones and am always shocked at how poorly others preform in comparison to my beloved Hamilton Beach slow cooker.
You could probably find a cheaper slow cooker, with a doubt, but I can assure you, you will notice a difference in the quality of the food and the performance of the cooker, it will also last you for a VERY long time.
My Favorite Uses:
At this point, its probably no secret how much I enjoy a good slow cooker (still have to catch myself from saying crockpot). Some of my favorite uses are:
- Chicken (I make a TON of chicken using my slow cooker)
- Oatmeal, every single week I make a HUGE batch of steel cut oatmeal for the week.
- Sauces (I love making spaghetti and alfredo sauces in my slow cooker and then just plop the cooked pasta in once the sauce is done and voila.
There are no shortages for slow cooker recipes. I have found hundreds online that I absolutely love and use over and over again.
As a side note, if its hot where you live, or you too are about to get into the heat of summer, the slow cooker is a wonderful addition to your kitchen. You can make delicious foods without having to heat up your kitchen. A HUGE plus.
If you give it a try please let me know if you love it as much as I do. Better yet, share with me some of your favorite recipes!